Friday, November 18, 2011

Tryst with Ubuntu (Linux) -a long time Window user

Linux keeps attracting me because of its free nature , free from viruses and fast speed .
The idea of  sharing your knowledge is very attractive.
So many versions of linux are in market .
Ubuntu is one, which i installed on my laptop along with windows Vista.
As I was beginner for Ubuntu so I let the Ubuntu install  on its own without any manual partioning.
So romance with Ubuntu continued for some days.  After some days i deleted one windows partition for some space and  next i realized that my computer did not boot saying grub failure .

Word Grub was new to me
GRand Unified Bootloader (http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/)

Searching on the net i came to know that Grub is a boot loader for multiple boot systems and i must have accidently deleted Ubuntu partition containing Grub loader. My First Heart Break

So next thing was how to correct this problem.

So after lot of searching i corrected this problem by correcting MBR ( Master boot Record) by a free utility ( link i will post soon) and Windows came alive

I thought i will never use Ubuntu again as it put it wasted lot of my time . ( I was wrong i am again using Ubuntu now i will tell you why in my next post). But i learnt a lot of new things which is helping me in my second affair with Ubuntu. I hope this will be a long association.






















No comments:

Post a Comment